Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Tablescape

While I am not hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, I hope to one day be able to have my family seated around the table in my home - wherever that may be at the time - for a beautiful feast! So in anticipation of that fateful Thanksgiving (hopefully I’ll know how to cook a turkey by then), I have been dreaming up how I would set the table so that it will look as good as the food will taste (fingers crossed)!

And of course a Thanksgiving tablescape is the perfect time to bring out those antiques!

The orange and blue are a huge hit in this setting.  Simple, yet so pointed. 
 

However, you don’t have to use orange in your theme. Neutrals are just as much Thanksgiving colors.  

 
 
 
Love this primitive candle lighting!




Use a colorful table cloth – vintage table cloths are reasonably priced and easy to find at antique shops and flea markets.


More ideas can be viewed at My Pinterest Board (http://www.pinterest.com/aeasternshore/vintage-thanksgiving/)

Here is what I came up with from what I had on hand –
Antique jug with fall flowers makes a statement centerpiece...

 
I set the table with mason jars as glasses and vintage lace napkins.



Sorry this is sideways -- I can't get it to rotate for some reason.
But as you can see, I printed a vintage postcard image for the name cards.

 
  
Found these little guys at Madison's Antique Fair on the Green a couple years ago.
(Salt and Pepper Shakers)


 
This was my great grandmother's. However, I see a lot of similar ones at antique shops!

 
Always need an old basket for the rolls!

 
Use vintage cake stands for your desserts -- pumpkin pie is a must!!
(Silver or glass)
My silver needs shined...but kind of gives it that antique look :)

 
Serve Apple Butter Fondue (my creation) in a lovely enamel fondue pot as an appetizer.
 
Ingredients/Directions: Very easy! Mix apple butter into melted cheese -- whatever kind you want.
I usually use chedder. Serve with large pretzel sticks and apples!! 

 
My antique iced tea pitcher -- a gift from my husband for our 5 year anniversary!
It has a container for ice in the center so that it doesn't water down the tea but still makes it cold!  

 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post as you prepare for your Thanksgiving Day!
 
Do you use any antiques for Thanksgiving dinner? What is your favorite Thanksgiving tablescape?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment