Monday, November 11, 2013

Northwest CT

Okay, this is not quite the shoreline, but Northwest CT is a lot closer to the eastern shore than say the Midwest which is where I am from originally! This past weekend, the hubby, puppy and I took a nice drive up RT 7 which is in the western part of CT, basically right on the CT/NY border. We were on a mission to find the covered bridge as seen here -- http://www.ctvisit.com/getaways/details/hike-the-appalachian-trail/231.

On our way to Kent/Cornwall, we came across several antique stores (actually a lot). A couple of the ones we stopped at were in New Milford - Carters and Litchfield County Pickers - they are litterally right next door to each other. I didn't get anything this time, but they had some great stuff!

Here are a few of the items that caught my eye at Carters...


 
Vintage Stroller -- looks awesome; not very practical though.
But could be super cute decor in a nursery. However, I am not in need of one currently.


Box of insulators: these are starting to become popular because they are fairly inexpensive.
This would be a perfect starter collection or they could be used individially as paper weights.
 Learn about the history and use -- http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/insulators

 
Gas Pump! I have always thought one of these would be a
fun statement piece -- maybe in a man cave? 

 
I just love how this display case looks!

 
Military ammunition cans...
I would use these as a cool way to file boring paper documentation (ie taxes, ugh!).
Or for those with kiddos, think of all those legos that are lying around the floor!



Next we went to Litchfield County Pickers -
 

 
Saw another vintage stroller. This one was in better shape and tag said $50.
I am kind of kicking myself now for not getting it, but I don't NEED it.
At least that is what I keep telling myself so I'll feel better about leaving it.

 
And this beauty...
Would love to have something like her one day.

 
Hopefully you enjoyed this post - I certainly enjoyed my daycation to Northwest CT!
 
Do you have any favorite antique places in Northwest CT?
  

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Sarah! It makes me want to drop everything and make a trip back up to CT. Of course, I would probably spend my time seeing people instead of anitiquing...but I can dream! You'll have to include more pics of how you've decorated your home with these treasures. I'd love to see how you're using them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori - we miss you guys!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete