Friday, December 6, 2013

I do believe in Santa - vintage Santa that is...

A couple of weeks ago, I bought my second vintage Santa at an estate sale. I bought my first vintage Santa last year at the Clinton Antique Center (you can see a previous post about that shop in the October section) and thought that it would be a fun collection to start! I hadn't thought twice about leaving him on the bench inside the front door when I got home because I was pretty sure he wouldn't fly away with reindeer. When I came back through the living room a little while a little later from doing some things around the house, I saw red cloth chewed up on the living room rug. At first I was really confused about what it was, and then I realized it was Santa! My rescue puppy who is almost one-and-a-half-years old now hadn't chewed up anything since what seemed like forever ago (it was probably closer to four or five months, but my how we forget so quickly when they are being angels). She was back on the naughty list - but not for long of course...

So unfortunately, I only have one vintage Santa now, but am hoping to add to (okay, start) my collection after the holiday season. We all know that is the best time to buy holiday decor - and it's no different with antiques. 

Here are some pictures of my vintage decorations…

I also bought this small artificial white tree at the same estate sale I bought the vintage Santa that became a chew toy. Good thing I only paid $3 for the Santa. I paid $5 for the tree. 


I don't remember what I paid for this Santa…but I also bought a box of vintage ornaments at the Clinton Antique Center the same day and I remember thinking it was a good deal for all of it! The trunk was a tag sale find (around $10) and the globe is from the Brimfield Flea Market (around $10 as well -- $10 is really my limit for most items, unless they are truly worth more). I will be adding a post about the Brimfield Flea Market in the spring - stay tuned! 



I made my own wreath out of the vintage ornaments…



And displayed the left over ones in a glass a trifle bowl. 



And here is my adorable pup Cadence (like the marching song). 
See what I mean - you can't stay mad at her for long! 


Her shirt says "Naughty is the new Nice" -- how appropriate…
(this was a 'hand-me-down' from a friend's doggie)


Do you have any vintage holiday decorations!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment